Luxury Vinyl Tile and Sheet Vinyl
The lasting beauty of your vinyl depends on a few simple and easy rules:
Immediately after installation
- For eight hours after seam application, protect the sealed seams on your flooring. This will ensure proper seam bond. If your seams are disturbed before they’re dry, permanent damaged may result.
- Maintain room temperature at 65 degrees F (18 degrees C) for 48 hours after installation is completed. This assures proper curing, setting and bonding of products.
- The adhesive under your floor needs time to thoroughly dry after installation. Therefore, we recommend that you do not scrub or wash your floor for five days.
Proactive Protection for Your Floor:
- Do not roll or slide heavy objects directly on the floor.
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, consider laying a solid protective covering such as plywood on your floor and gently “walk” the item across it.
- Carpet or cardboard is not adequate to prevent scuffs, indentations and tears.
- Use furniture leg protector pads under all furniture and make certain to keep them clean and well maintained. Use only wide rubber rollers on furniture.
- Place a walk-off mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt brought into your home.
- We strongly recommend mats without a latex or rubber backing since these backings can cause permanent discoloration.
Caring for Your Floor:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to remove loose dirt which can scratch your floor. We recommend a vacuum without a beater bar.
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible.
- Never use highly abrasive scrubbing tools on any vinyl.
- Wash your floor regularly.
- We recommend Armstrong’s Once n’ Done No-Rinse Floor Cleaner which is available in our store for purchase.
- Do NOT use detergents, abrasive cleaners or mop and shine products, they can leave a dull film on your floor.
- Allow time for drying after mopping. Vinyl flooring can be dangerous and slippery when wet.