The lasting beauty of your new stone countertop depends on a few simple and easy rules. Enjoy your new countertop that will not warp, fade or shrink. Being one of the hardest materials on earth, it is also heat and scratch resistant
Granite & Marble Preservation & Care
Indoor City professionally applies a sealer to your tops upon installation. This sealer creates a barrier which helps to eliminate moisture penetration, prevent staining, and blocks bacteria growth.
The frequency for re-sealing depends on the amount of use. An easy “rule of thumb” is to closely monitor the area around the sink. If you begin to notice water that does not bead up or soaks into the stone within 15 minutes, it is probably time to re-seal. Applying a sealer is as simple as wiping it on and wiping it off. We recommend that you reseal your stone once per year.
- Do NOT cut directly on tops with knives or other tools.
- Do not drop or pound heavy or sharp items on surface.
- Avoid putting hot items on your countertops as they may burn your sealer, making it susceptible to staining
- Avoid exposing your granite and marble to oils, citric acids, oven cleaners, nail polish remover, or other similar solvents for long periods of time due to the possibility of staining.
Granite & Marble Cleaning
- For daily cleaning, only a mild, dish soap and water are required.
- Use a washcloth as a sponge can leave streaks on the polished surface.
- Clean spills immediately.
- Do NOT use bleach, vinegar, lemon juice, paint strippers, oven or drain cleaners or other cleaners containing acids or ammonia such as Windex.
- Avoid abrasive scouring pads, powders and liquids. These may dull the finish, damage the surface and be detrimental to the sealer.
- For a daily maintenance, we recommend Dupont’s Stone Tech products. The Revitalizer, available in spray and convenient wipes cleans, seals and cleans all in one.
Revitalizer, sealer, and many more stone maintenance products are available at Indoor City.