Now I already know what you’re thinking, “Tiles are so low maintenance!” Of course they are! That’s why they’re so great. Well you know, besides being absolutely stunning and versatile. They may be low maintenance, but it’s still important to know how to properly give your tile some TLC. You’re right, tiles are fairly low maintenance, but we have a few tips that will help you give your tile floors, backsplashes, and walls the right kind of attention!
- Spills happen, but don’t let them get comfortable on your beautiful tile floors! Clean them up as quickly as possible with a mop/washcloth, some hot water, and mild detergent. Be sure not to use a sponges, which tend to push dirty water into grout lines. This will just make things more difficult for you.
- A little dirt here and there is no big deal… WRONG. Slowly, but surely, that dirt will wear our any kind of flooring. Even the durability of tile can grow victim to the dirt you track in. With any flooring, even tile, it is important to vacuum, sweep, or microfiber dust regularly. Be sure to use a brush of felt extension when using a vacuum!
- If you have tile in your showers, it is a good idea to keep a squeegee in there. That way you can remove any build up that may accumulate after every use.
- Being proactive with tracking dirt in can really save you a lot of time and damage. Having mats at each entrance of your house is a great way to keep dirt off of your tile floors.
- As for furniture, use wide rubber rollers and use furniture leg protector pads.
Sure, tile is anything but high maintenance, but let’s make sure they still get the care they need. Yes, these tips are quick and easy, but they will make a huge difference in the long run!