Porcelain or Ceramic Tile
The lasting beauty of your tile depends on a few simple and easy rules:
Reduce Dirt Accumulation
- Vacuum, sweep or microfiber dust on a regular basis. The vacuum head should be brush or felt, and a wand attachment is preferable.
- Do not use vacuums with beater bars or hard brushes.
- Using a squeegee on your shower walls helps eliminate a film buildup on the tiles and grout.
- Remove Spills Promptly.
- Spills and tracked-in dirt should be wiped up immediately with a damp cloth or mop.
Regularly Clean Your Floor or Bath/Shower
- Damp-mop your tile floor or clean your shower with a properly diluted or mild tile cleaner.
- Do not use dish soap, vinegar, bleach, or ammonia based products or general purpose cleaners.
- Avoid walking on the floor until completely dry, as wet tile floors tend to be slippery.
- We do not recommend the use of a steam cleaner as it may have a negative effect on grout colorant.
Proactive Protection for Your Floor
- Mats at inside and outside entrances help minimize abrasive particles of dirt and moisture being tracked in.
- Use furniture leg protector pads under all furniture and make certain to keep them clean and well maintained.
- Use only wide rubber rollers on furniture.
Our care and cleaning tips in the tile category refer to ceramic and porcelain tile. Included in your project may be glass, metal or other material. We recommend reviewing the care of your individual project with your sales associate at the time of purchase.